Sunday, August 23, 2015

HAIR UPDATE + GOALS

I wanted to show how my hair was growing since I cut it in April. Check out the post here to see how it looked when I first cut my hair.

Hair Update:
Since "THE" cut, my hair has been growing out thicker than ever. It literally is stacked full of body, which may also be attributed to the layers I cut in my hair. I think the cut helped to give my hair a healthy beginning. Not to mention, I have been protective styling ALOT lately with braids and marley twists. And even when my hair is tucked away, I moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! 

But I am loving the grow out process....


Goals for Both Hair and This Thing Called Life:
So as I enter my fifth and final year of course work, I want to really ensure that I take time to take care of my hair--- as well as myself. Often times, when the school year hits, self-care falls to the weigh side, but not this school year! Nope! I'm devoted to taking better care of myself by doing the following:

1. Prayer and Meditation
2. Journaling in my Prayer Journal 
3. Exercise at least 4 days per week 
4. Eating Healthy (Incorporating more fruits and veggies on a daily basis via smoothies)
5. Taking care of my hair and skin 
6. Spending time regularly with family and friends
7. And the list goes on...

I currently feel like I'm on the right track when it comes to self-care, and I want to stay that way. Last year, I spent a lot of time stressed and depressed trying to jump through doctoral hoops! My self-esteem was waning, and my self-care was at an all time low. But I took a lot of lessons from last year, and one lesson was to maintain self-care, pouring into yourself so you can pour into others. With dissertation, internship applications, and my final year of coursework, I have to execute it! No excuses! Taking care of myself will overflow into other areas of my life like work, school, and relationships, whether directly or indirectly! So to all my readers who are returning back to school, in some shape, form, or fashion (whether student, teacher, or both---like me), have a blessed school year and take care of yourself (and your hair;-)

Until next time...
Be faith-filled, fearless, and fabulous,
Kurly Ken, the doctoral candidate

2 comments:

  1. Great goals! I need to follow them all =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks We are in the same boat then when it comes to these goals...lol!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment down below.