Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Motivation for those who are Stressed and Pressured

This morning after my workout I was going to read one of the excerpts from my typical devotional, Proverbs 31 Women. For some reason, the excerpt was not in my inbox as usual so I reached for my YouVersion Bible App. The verse of the day was Psalms 119:143 (NLT), which says "As the pressures and stresses bear down on me, I find joy in your commands".  


After reading this verse, all I could say was "Wow". If any of you are beginning something new or at the start of a new journey, you understand how pressures and stresses can build up fairly quickly. For me, pressures and stresses come as I complete this fifth and final year of coursework in my doctoral program. For you, it may be the start of a new job and the new pressures to perform. For someone else, it could be the start of a new school year and the stresses to top their results from their previous school year. Perhaps someone has pressures in their household to do and be a better role model for their family. Pressures and stresses are something we can all relate to! 

But this verse right here reminded me to look at these pressures and stresses as an opportunity, rather than a burden!  Instead of thinking, "I have to...", I can  try thinking "I have the opportunity to..." 


  • For example, I might have said "I have to allocate sooooo many hours to working on my dissertation". Instead, I can say " I have the opportunity to have a flexible schedule, where I can set aside time for working on my dissertation." 

  • I might have said "I have to complete all this paperwork for my internship process. Uuugggghhh!" Instead, I can say, " I have the opportunity to have made this far to EVEN be able to apply to internship!" 

I could go on and on with examples, but do you get what I am saying!?!?! Try to look at your stresses/pressures as an opportunity rather than a task. When you are able to look at these things as an opportunity, you are able to see that these pressures/stresses are truly gifts that God entrusted you and only you with. When you look at something as a gift, you should experience joy right!?!?! I'm just saying!!!!!

So I challenge you today and going forward to remind yourself to look at your stresses/pressures as an opportunity, or a gift from God, and find joy in having that opportunity, or that gift, from God!!! 
Besides God has already equipped you with everything you need to conquer the stresses/pressures so go forth and conquer!

Until next time,
Be Faith-filled, fearless, and fabulous,
Kurky Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment down below.