Monday, September 21, 2015

Ten Reasons Why I Love Box Braids


So for the past four weeks, I have been living in box braids, and may I just say, I freaking love them.

Here are my Top Ten Reasons Why I Love and Am Living in Box Braids:

Número Uno... I can simply wake up and go. I spend less than a minute or two styling my hair in the morning, which means I can sleep a little longer! Who doesn't want that!?!?!

Número Dos... I have multiple style options! There is never a dull moment when I rock my braids. Whether it's a simple ponytail, complex updo, or just all down, I can always switch my hairstyle with ease. Check out my other blog post for box braid style inspiration:




Número Tres... Braids are a great protective style. I can easily moisturizer my own natural hair with sprays and leave in conditioner to ensure my hair is not being deprived while its tucked away!

Número Cuatro... The hair for box braids is fairly inexpensive. While the installation process may take some time, especially if you are doing a self-installation like me, it will all be worth it.

Número Cinco...My wash day routine is cut in half because I can easily get to my scalp to clean it. I wash my braids once a week and moisturizer my braids just like I would my own hair, but the process moves much faster.


Número Seis... My hubby loves them. Enough said!!!

Número Siete... My hair is growing like a weed!

Número Ocho... Did I mention I can leave them in my hair for 6-8 weeks? Winning all day over here!!!

Número Nueve... You can safely rock hair color when you wear box braids! I stepped outside of my normal 1B/ Off black/brown box and added a little honey blonde just for a little spice.

Número Diez... Box braids fit any setting you're in, whether it's casual, semi-casual, or professional. You can get away with box braids anywhere you go! 

Now, after reading this post, you should want box braids in the near future! Don't be surprised if you see me rocking them again before this year is over! 

Until next time,
Be faith-filled, fearless, and fabulous,
Kurly Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment down below.