Friday, August 29, 2014

I'm back + My Fall 2014 Updated Hair Regimen

Hey kurlies,

I am so happy to be back. If you haven't noticed, I took a brief hiatus to complete my comps paper and prepare for the school year. Now, that those things are out of the way, I am back with some exciting new blog posts. Whoop! Whoop!

I thought I would kick off with a post that included my updated hair regimen because I have added as well as subtracted some items from my hair regimen. Now, I modify my hair regimen by the season to adjust to weather changes, hair health needs, lifestyle changes, etc. and I think this is super important in maintaining healthy hair. 

My current hair regimen has to be simple yet effective for this fall semester. Between family, teaching, classes, practicum, and assignments (the list really could go on), I need a hair regimen that will work with my schedule but still provide optimal hair health and style. 

Internal Hair Regimen
  • I take one prenatal vitamin and biotin per day.
  • I drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day. 
  • My diet is mainly pollo-pescetarian, which means my meals consist of fish, chicken, vegetables, and fruit. I eat this way about 85%-90% of the time. 
  • I work out at least 3 to 4 times per week (running, lifting weights, etc.). 
External Hair Regimen

Twisted Updos


The front






The back 











  • I typically wear my hair out on the weekend. To achieve a braid out, I section my hair, moisturize the section (using the spray mix and moisturizing mix mentioned above), and create braids all over my head. On average, I have about 10-12 plaits. I then cover my head with a satin cap to allow the style to set over night. 
  • WASH ROUTINE: Bi weekly, I wash my hair. This is a two part  process for me:
    • The night before I  detangle my hair and place it in large twists. Then I use a pre-poo mix of coconut oil and honey, and I tie my head in a plastic bag to let it marinate over night. Check out the post on my pre-poo regimen here
    • The next dayI rinse the pre-poo out with warm water.  I proceed to wash my hair with a mixture: 4/5 water and 1/5 baking soda in an applicator bottle. Rinse with warm water. Next, I condition with Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise for 15 minutes. Rinse again, and then deep condition with a plastic cap for 45 minutes (way over the time limit it says on the products's directions) using Elasta QP DPR 11. Then I moisturize and style my hair with my spray mix and moisturizing hair cream  listed above. 



Pictures of the Hair Products used in My Wash Routine (Special Request): 



My Pre-Poo Products



Products for the Wash


Conditioning Agents

My Moisturizing and Styling Products
  • I am using Jamila henna purchased from my local Indian market. I henna at least quarterly (once every three months). I have been asked to do a post on my henna process so that will be coming soon.

That's it! This is my updated products and hair regimen. Let me know if you have any specific questions about my hair regimen. Also, you can read about my past hair regimens from the Summer and Spring

What's your current regimen? What are some of your staple products? 

Until next time...
Be faith-filled, fearless, and fabulous
Kurly Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment down below.