Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Secrets Revealed: My Homemade Moisturizing Cream

Hey Kurlies,

I am finally dishing the goods on my homemade moisturizing cream/mixture. It's super simple. For the most part, I use the same oils and definitely the same cream. I may supplement one or two oils depending on my hair needs, but in the end, my natural hair is moisturized. 

 My recipe includes the following ingredients:

OKAY African Shea Butter

Crisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Louana Coconut Oil
Sunny Isle Jojoba Oil
De La Creme Sweet Almond Oil

Now, when I combine these ingredients, I never use exact measurements. I "eyeball" it everytime.


1. First, I start with the shea butter, and I use a substantial amount of this. 

2. Add the olive oil. This is about a teaspoon amount. 



3. Add the coconut oil. I add a large amount of this. The amount of coconut oil is typically more than the Shea butter. Coconut oil has been working really well on my hair as of late so I always include it in this mixture.

4. Jojoba is added next. I literally add a quarter size of this.



5. The last thing I add is the sweet almond oil. I typically add a table spoon of this. I love the way this oil smells. Pure sweetness.


I whip up all the ingredients and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Then...Ta-da! I have my mixture. On this day, I placed my hair in large twists and pinned them up. I'll keep these twists in for the week.



My hair is moisturized and protected. This will also cut down my time preparing for school and practicum this week. At night, I'll spray my hair with the aloe/ water mix and then I'll apply my homemade cream to my twists as needed. Simple and easy!! My hubby loves this hairstyle on me, and I get a ton of compliments from others when I wear this style as well. Perfection!

If you have any questions or comments regarding my concoction, please comment below.

Kurlies weigh in: Do you have a DIY mixture you use on your hair? If so, feel free to share. If not, are you thinking about creating one? What would you include in this mixture? 

Until next time...
Be faith-filled, fearless, and fabulous,
Kurly Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment down below.