Friday, June 12, 2015

How To Achieve that Bronze, Sunkissed Glow for Brown Skin



Summer time is here, and I have been searching for ways to get that perfect bronze glow. However, finding products for brown skin girls, such as myself, has not been easy. I wanted a naturally sun kissed look for the summer months so I did a little research.



Below are some of my top product recommendations to achieve this look, and most products are budget friendly.

(left to right: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, ELF Sunkissed Glow Bronzer, Nyx Blush, Mary Kay Lipsticks)

Top Products:

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Dark Deep


If you have not heard of this product, you have officially been under a rock! This is one of my holiest of grails! This product provides an all over natural glow. While it retails as a high end product, the product formulation and the color pay off suit my skin perfectly. Also, my skin is super prone to breakouts so when I find a product that doesn't break me out, honey, I stick to it like glue!

Elf (Eyes Lips Face) Sunkissed Glow Bronzer in a Warm Tan 


This bronzer is most certainly a bargain product. Initially, when I picked it up, I had no idea how I would use, but for $2, I couldn't leave it there. But now, I literally use this products as a highlight on the bridge of my nose, Cupid's bow of my lip, tear ducts of my eye, and as an illuminator on my cheeks! I seriously love this product and just a little goes a long way in providing the perfect shimmer you need. 

NYX Blush in Terra Cotta 


This is a product that has been in my makeup kit for a while, and I suddenly found use for it. I use it as a blush to warm up my cheeks. It is the perfect way to provide subtle warmth. 

Lipsticks

The next two lipsticks are used in conjunction with each other. When I want a nude lip with a little shimmer, these two lipsticks certainly do it for me:

-Mary Kay Lipstick in Shell
-Mary Kay Lipstick in Amber Glow 



As a brown girl, it hasn't been easy finding an affordable (key word here!!!) nude lipstick, but these lipsticks provide that sultry, barely there lip color I want to achieve that compliments this brown skin of mine. Not to mention, these two lipsticks are super moisturizing! 


(All products mentioned above were used to achieve this look)


What are some of your favorite make up products that help you achieve that summer glow? 



 #randommomentsofken

And on another random note.... I have some different ideas for my upcoming blog posts that cover my other areas of interest like healthy eating, exercise, minimalism, spirituality, and yada-yada-yada. But don't worry! I still have plans to do some upcoming posts on hair, makeup, and style. I just wanted to mix it up a little. Stay tuned lovelies!

AND LASTLY, HELLO TO MY NEW SUBBIES! GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!!!

Until next time...
Be faith-filled, fearless, and fabulous,
Kurly Ken 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment down below.