Saturday, June 25, 2016

Healthy Habits for Natural Hair Growth, Part 2

Hey all, 
Before reading today's post, make sure you check out last week's post, which is part 1. It can be found here


Last week's post dealt with habits for healthy hair growth from the scalp! So today's post is part 2, and it will deal with habits for length retention! 

Without further adoo, let's get to it!

Part 2: Habits for Length Retention:
In addition to healthy hair growth from the scalp, most naturals want to retain and maintain the current hair they have. Here are some habits you can do right now to help retain  the current natural hair you have. 


1. Moisturize, moisturize, and moisturize some more! Even if you spritz your natural hair with water or actually do the LCO/LOC method, moisturize those strands. In a future post, I'll be discussing my LCO method, and I can't wait to share those details (as well as results) with you!
2.  Low manipulation and protective hair styles are key. The less you manipulate your hair, the fewer instances you will have for hair breakage! Examples of low manipulation/ protective hair styles includes buns, twists, flat braids/flat twists, braids, wigs, and weaves. And even when your hair is in these styles, you still have to care for your hair so shampooing, conditioning and moisturizing should still be taking place! 
3. Being gentle with your hair is the last habit. If you have to manipulate your hair, then take your time and be gentle as you work with it. Often times, when I am most tired, I am the roughest on my hair. I have learned to put it in a puff and leave it alone. Also, I typically use my fingers rather than styling tools like combs and brushes. Nothing against them, but my fingers create less wear and tear.

Let me know your thoughts for length retention! Definitely share them below.

Until next time...
Be faith-filled, fearless, and fabulous,
Kurly Ken 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment down below.