Monday, February 15, 2016

Drink your Way to Healthy Hair Growth

I know you picked up your wine glass in anticipation, but when I say drink your way to healthy hair growth, I'm referring to a smoothie filled with tons of vitamins and minerals that are essential to your overall health and hair growth! If you remember in one of my previous blogs on my current natural hair regimen as well as a post on hair retention methods, I talked about incorporating a smoothie into my daily regimen and the benefits I have seen in my overall health. In addition to the benefits seen in my overall healthy, my skin and the health of my hair have increased. My hair is growing in thicker and appears shinier.

To drink your way to healthy hair, you will need the following:

• 1 Handful of Kale, Chard, & Carrot (You can buy this as a salad mix)
• 2 Handfuls of Spinach
• 1 Cup of Greek Yogurt
• 1 Whole Bananas
• 1 Handful of Blueberries & Strawberries
• Almond Milk (or whatever liquid of choice)


Each of these foods is packed with so many nutritional benefits. For example....

  • Kale is packed with tons of iron. Iron is essential because it delivers oxygen to the cells, and when oxygen reaches the cells, this helps revitalize and regenerate cells, preventing hair loss. 
  •  Chard has biotin and MSM in it, which promotes hair growth. 
  • Carrots have loads of vitamin A. Vitamin A promotes healthy hair and scalp. In addition, vitamin a promotes healthy sebum production, which also affects hair growth. 
  • Spinach, blueberries, and strawberries are all packed with vitamin C, and vitamin C is essential in assisting the protein in your body and hair. As we all know, hair is made of protein, and Vitamin C acts as a facilitator for protein, allowing your hair to grow to its fullest potential. 
  • Bananas are the next contender, and they are rich in potassium. Potassium promotes a healthy scalp, which ultimately affects hair growth. Remember, you need a healthy scalp to have healthy hair! 
  • Greek yogurt is packed full of protein, and as I have stated, your hair is made of  PROTEIN. Having the proper amount of protein in your body allows you hair to grow at its greatest capacity. 



Now, you have my smoothie recipe so you can begin to drink your way to healthy hair growth! I love smoothies because they are easy to make. Also, smoothies allow you to consume the appropriate amounts of fruits and veggies needed for healthy daily living. So give it a try and let me know what you think! If you have a smoothie recipe, please post your smoothie details down below! 

Until next time...
Be faith-filled, fearless, and fabulous,
Kurly Ken

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this very nice and useful post. I like it very much, It is helpful. Sierrasil Toronto

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment down below.