Friday, September 19, 2014

Style Post: How to Wear One Graphic Tee in Multiple Ways


Hey Kurlies,

One staple item that should be in the closet of every woman is a graphic tee. Graphic tees can be worn in a variety of ways. In this post, I will show you several ways to style a graphic tee. This graphic tee comes from Nicole of Naturals Knack. 


I absolutely love this tee because it depicts the beauty of natural hair. Descriptive words are included in the hair of the model on this shirt, and the phrase "I woke up like this" seals the deal (for all my fellow Bey Hivers). Check out the shirt in a variety of colors and sizes here.


Without further adoo, let's move on with this style series.

Look 1: Back to the Basics with Jeans and a Blazer
In the first look, I show you how to wear a graphic tee and add structure to it with a blazer. I'll style a simple black blazer with dark denim jeans in one look, and to add color, I'll pair the tee and black blazer with cobalt blue jeans in another look. 






Outfit Details:
Black Blazer: H & M
Dark Denim Jeans: J. Crew Jeans (thrifted)
Cobalt Blue Jean: AG Jeans (thrifted)
Necklace: Rue 21
Earrings: Rue 21

Look 2: Rough and Edgy with Camouflage
In the second look, I show you how to switch up a graphic tee by tucking it in. I can't really describe this look, but maybe you can! Edgy is definitely one word that comes to mind!





Outfit Details:
Camouflage Pants: ???.... Sorry
Necklace: thrifted
Earrings: B. Supply

Look 3: Midi Skirt Mayhem
In this look, I took a basic black midi skirt and paired it with neon heels. As for the graphic tee, I knotted it on the side. 



Outfit Details:
Black Midi Skirt: Forever 21
Earrings: Forever 21
Bracelet: Giftes
Shoes: Gifted
Belt: Forever 21

Look 4: Who wears Short Shorts!?!?! 
Me... I became really enthusiastic about cutting off the neck of my shirt to give it an off the shoulder look. Below are some pictures of my DIY moment. 

Placed dots around the neck so I knew where to cut



Snip, snip, snip, and done



A few minutes later, a curly Fro, natural hair tee shirt, and 

some high waisted shorts emerged. 



Outfit Details: 
High Waisted Shorts: H & M (these were a DIY project too)

Tribal Necklace: Rue 21
Hoops: Rue 21

Look 5: All White Everything
This last ensemble is all white. White graphic tee! White pants! With an all white outfit, any shoe would go. Orange lips courtesy of MAC Morange. 





Outfit Details:
White Jeans: Marshall's
Jewelry is the same from Look 4 

Graphic tees can be worn in a variety of ways to be dressed up and most definitely dressed down. I hope this post inspires you to add creativity and style to your graphic tee.  You can also show support to the natural hair community and Nicole of Naturals Knack by purchasing your graphic tee from Teespring

Until next time...
Be faith-filled, fearless, and fabulous,
Kurly Ken

2 comments:

  1. Girrrrl this entire post just gave me life!!! I'm so mad I out grew my camo shorts very cute options love it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment down below.